Friday, October 21, 2011

Mascara Review!



Okay ladies I want you to pick which lashes look the best 1 or 2????







I am trying Maybelline - one by one mascara and Maybelline - the colossal cat eye mascara. 

Maybelline - one by one mascara - "Eye Catching volume in one clean sweep! The Lash Catcher Brush has 300 bristles - that's up to 3 bristles per lash. The Lash Catcher brush catches, coats and de-clumps your lashes." (Superdrug Website) No 2.

Maybelline - the colossal cat eye mascara -  "Full volume, flared corners, fiercely colossal lashes...in just one stroke! Discover Maybelline's new Volum' Express Colossal Cat Eyes mascara.
The new feline applicator stylises lashes to a full fan of wild volume – it’s savagely sexy! Fills out lashes up to 9x the volume, with fabulous cat-like corners instantly. Only our lush collagen-enriched formula creates Colossal feline volume in one stroke. The result? Our sexiest, most savage colossal look: The Feline Flares! It’s wild!" (Superdrug Website) No 1.


Personally I like the look of number 2. Its even and more define ;)
The funny thing is the colossal (yellow) is a volume mascara but it actually gives just way more length then anything else. However it clumpy and wet and I actually hate it, very annoyed because I love "One by One" and I am running low on it and I just wasted my money on the new colossal.
The one by one (red) defines the lashes with a totally natural look, its waterproof even in the shower (seriously) and I love using it!

To use it up I use the yellow and then the red to de-clump and volumize the lashes!

I would love to hear what you think though, so comment below with which one you like, 
                                                                                                                                  Sinead xx





26 comments:

  1. I also like the look of #2. I just bought the yellow one the other day and was also disappointed. Will have to try the one by one next time I go to the store. Thanks for the side by side....makes it super easy to see the difference!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sinead, I just recently started following your blog and your youtube channel. You have inspired me to follow one of my passions and become a makeup artist. THANK YOU! I also think it's awesome that you love ELF as I have just discovered the line and can't get enough of their products. I purchased the Maybelline one by one mascara today after purchasing Rimmel's sexy curves waterproof on a whim because it was on sale (I usually wear Maybelline Falsies or Falsies flared). Anyway, I dislike the Rimmel mascara,and am hoping that the Maybelline one by one will be a good buy.

    Thanks again for your wicked videos!

    Leighanne

    TN, USA

    ReplyDelete
  3. #2 looks way better. It sucks that you wasted money on the other one, but thanks for saving the rest of us from wasting our money on it too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh definitely number 2 i hate the first one as i find it clumps up my lashes too much and its horrible annoying even though i would love the lengthening part i pre fare the more defined and even look and your eyes have a more natural sexy look

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think number two looks a lot more natural and the lashes look fuller. Number one looks more clumpy.

    http://the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both are wow, but No.2 gives a more natural look than 1. I'd go for 2 for a regular day and 2 for a special ocassion.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love number two, I dunno if I will ever change mascara I think I will always bought it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. upper lashes no.2 lower lashes no.1 :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm with Magu, No. 2 for the upper lashes but No. 1 for lower lashes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Number 2 looks gorgeous! The number 2 mascara really does remind me of Maxfactor's masterpeice mascara as it gives pretty much the same effect.
    http://shopuntilyoudrop90.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. no.2! I love that mascara its definitley one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I actually have both. the one by one is great for separation of lashes but i love the colossal. When you first use it, its super wet. If you just wait a little bit the formula will dry out a bit and then its amazing. Separates your lashes and gives tons of volume..I just don't like it when I first start using it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The second one is definitely better! It is more voluminous and it's as if you have more lashes. Great review post!! :) I love maybelline's mascaras.

    http://daphyin-makeupisart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. No. 2 for sure!

    makeupbydarcie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. my vote goes to #2! but both looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both look very nice. I have a preference for no. 2; lashes seem thicker and well defined.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very good web blog.i appreciated this completely.

    3d Mascara Younique & Best Mascara

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for posting this informative article thanks for sharing your great post,wish you have a nice day,happy every day.

    Nvq level 3 beauty therapy & Micro ring hair extension course

    ReplyDelete
  19. You really make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be really something which I think I would never understand. It seems too complicated and very broad for me. I am looking forward for your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!

    NVQ Level 3 Beauty Therapy Intensive

    ReplyDelete
  20. Really have good to know this information .Thanks for sharing.Keep posting...

    buy contact lenses online India

    optical online store

    ReplyDelete
  21. Im no expert, but I believe you just made an excellent point. You certainly fully understand what youre speaking about, and I can truly get behind that. Antipodes

    ReplyDelete
  22. This blog has all it takes to be known as the best blog.
    www.consumerisminc.com

    ReplyDelete