Sunday, March 17, 2013

Finally Finished Foundation Series!



Flawless Foundation For Beginners!


Step One: Cleanse 
Pink Grapefruit Face Wash.
Make sure your make-up is going on fresh skin, this will make sure it goes on smoother and lasts longer!





Step Two: Tone
Simple facial toner.
A toner is just a liquid similar to water that rinses off any left over cleanser or dirt. Wipe it over the skin on a cotton pad!





Step Three: Moisturise 
Moisturise Simple Hydrating Light Moisturiser
Moisturise actually gives your foundation something to hold on so its very important!




Make sure you leave your skin settle for at least 5 minutes once you have completed these steps!


Step Four: Primer
Primer Nivea Daily Essentials Hydration Primer Normal/Comb
Not everyone needs a primer, but if you are going to use one, you apply it after your Moisturiser, not before your moisturiser and not instead of your moisturiser, after your moisturiser, Yep! :)



Step Five: Foundation
Foundation Loreal True Match W1
                 Bourjois 10 Hour Sleep Effect
I mixed up two foundations to get my prefect tone, texture and shade. It takes a lot of trial and error to find that out but when you do you wont forget it!


I use my F20 brush to apply it http://www.blankcanvascosmetics.com/products/hot-pink-and-black-f20-duo-set.html



You don't need a brush or sponge or any type of tool, feel free to use your finger tips, I like to pat in the foundation because it gives great coverage and looks great, I think its the heat from your fingers blends it so well!


And we're done!


8 comments:

  1. really useful post, thanks for sharing

    eye---candii.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a question,,Do you apply the Foundation after the Primer dries? or it is not matter?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been using the Simple moisturiser for years and have been using the same Nivea primer since it was launched and I've definitely noticed a difference in the staying power of my foundation :-) I use my fingers to apply it though as I've never found a brush I liked, but after your videos I may need to invest in the F20 :-) Great post xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sinead I'm such a big fan, I'm really loving all the new foundation related videos at the moment! I really need to invest in the F20 it just seems so fab!
    As a side note, have you ever tried the Blank Canavas Cosmetics eye shadow palettes? I've been thinking of getting one but I'd love to rad some peoples opinions on them before I do!

    toomanyfreckles.blogspot.ie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great step by step tutorial. I love your blog, I'm from Ireland too and your new follower.x

    http://reddutchess.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, this is very informative and i think it's a very useful tutorial. I admire the time and effort you put into your well-detailed nice blog. I hope to see more of your write ups and tutorials. Keep it up!!! Well, better checkout allens pharmacy it offers the widest selection of cosmetics and perfumery in store and online.

    ReplyDelete