Friday, August 23, 2013

Makeup Lesson



5 Easy Ways to Add Colour to Your Makeup


1: Blush
For some of us blush is the only colour we use on our faces and I got asked easier this week - 
"What is the point of blush"
Well as the name suggests blush is there to mimic blushing which gives us a healthy glowing look for those of us (Like me) who can look very pale and tired without adding it.

(Not always a bad thing - I used to get sent home from school a lot because I looked "Terrible pale")

2: Blush as Eyeshadow

When I trained with a runway model makeup artist years ago, she told me how she would always brush a little blush or lipstick into the crease of the eyes to match the cheeks and or lips, its a brilliant way to bring a look together and at the moment I LOVE it! 


3: Lipstick

Lipstick is an easy way to add colour, and can make anyone look extra special! I love my reds or berry tones, they make me feel fancy but lipstick can also bring out your eye colour 

Check out my video here if you don't know what I mean:


4: Smudged Eyeshadow

Take your favourite colour of eyeshadow something you never have the confidence to wear on your lid and smudge it under your eyes instead, its fun, easy and a great way to go from the office to a night out in seconds! 

5: Subtle Eyeshadow

If you find colourful eye makeup all too much but you are tired of your basic brown eye makeup just add a touch of colour on the center of your basic eye makeup and blend outwards. Great way to match your dress or accessories! 



3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tips, I will keep this in mind. However i don't think I will be putting blush on my lids, thats a little out of my comfort zone haha!

    brainybeautyblog.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tips are always so helpful! I've really been enjoying the beginner's make up series!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'm going to try the eyeshadow one. I've already done the lipstick to bring out your eyes and loved it!

    ReplyDelete